Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Busy, Busy, Busy...

 
As Usual I have been very busy trying to juggle orders, and planning my own sculpts.  Just as i think I am free to start working on them again, a flood of orders pop up.  My Etsy stock has pretty much sold out, so...instead of working on the foundation of my newest creation, I need to cast a bucket load of eyes to replenish what has been depleted.

I have some new EQ style irises designed as a result of a custom order from a client. They cast well.
 
 
I also had to update my favorite Dragon Series, because I had some new colors to add to this ever expanding collection. This came to fruition because I wanted to create a special design for my (whenever I can get a chance) new sculpt. It is going to be a Phoenix x Dragon and It will be sizable. Now that I have a reliable air dry clay to work with, I can indulge in resuming larger scale sculptures!
I still need to patch my Pocket Drakes, before paint too. I will save a cast for re-cast after fully patched and finished. I was unhappy with the first batch of castings.  "I know there are people waiting on them so I may have to focus on them first before continuing with my Phoenix Drake *frowns*

One more thing...
 
 
I have a straggler to add to my 'Nature Series' This is the color 'Raisin' now included in the line! Its very pretty! I was thinking of a rich plum type color to compliment what exists in the series, and played around in Photostudio to create this. I quite like it! I'll just bet it will POP when cast!  Casting always brightens up any design as the magnifying effects everything. I will do a test run this afternoon when casting my inventory. Even the Semi-metallic treatment would be lovely!

 
Oh, Yeah...One lats bit: I now will offer Paperweight profile to my eyes. I was reluctant, because they are difficult to cast neatly, but there are lots of BJD artists who request them. Besides...I need to practice!  They will be priced differently, and will be available upon customer request.  
The popular sizes are as follows:
8mm, 10mm, 12mm, 14mm, 16mm, 18mm, 20mm, and 22mm.
I have in-between sizes too, for those harder to fit sockets. They can go up to as large as 3 inches, but the minimum diameter size I can cast successfully is 8mm. if clients want smaller diameters, it is best to stick with the standard profile. They go as small as 3mm's in diameter.

That'll be it for this month!  *waves*
...Back to work! ^_^  

1 comment:

  1. I am excited, I didn't realize you made eyes. I don't know what I was reading on Diviant but it just didn't sink in. I will have to talk to you about a large pair of eyes. I too am about to do a large sculpt but I haven't decided on the eye color yet. Love your blog!
    Misty
    http://realitysuckspeanutbutter.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete