Friday, June 11, 2010

Pocket Drakes Update!

I have finally uploaded some images of three finished Pocket drakes!

Yes The first batch of painted Drakes are done!:dance:
This adorable Duo has been commissioned for a client in Spain. A green 'Feather Drake', and a violet 'Serpent Drake'.

The Story:

One of my home's Brownies was eaves dropping on my work in the studio. She knew of a certain aged Gnome, who was in need of assistance with his menagerie of creatures he kept at his rescue. He is many ages old, and his heirs have all moved on to run various farms, and businesses of their own.

Getting weary, and feeling helpless, he has been struggling to care for all of  his abandoned, lost, and injured Elven Drakes, Fyreflytts and, the occasional Eggletts, and Baby Dragons, that have come into his care. He loves all of  Mother Earth's creatures, and will continue to go out of his way to take in each, and every one, no matter what the cost.

My Brownie has worked out a plan to help O'l Hamish and his wonderful  rescue. I was to visit the oak grove in our local reservoir to meet Mr. Hamish along with my Brownie Arrwha. We sat atop the Granite outcrop, and discussed our plans.
Hamish would like my studio to take in, and keep all his healthy, recovered creatures to help them all find loving homes. It would take a great burden off of his arthritic shoulders, knowing that I am more than capable of finding homes for his lonely creatures. It has become my duty to take on his estate, and assist him in all of his projects. I am Honored by his trust, and have been given the crystal key, to his magical world. I have pledged to never let him down.

So,...It is my humble responsibility to present to you:

 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'Pocket Drakes'

Here is a special little creature that is generally between 3, and 4 inches tall, and is a really gleeful, and social Elven Dragon species. They  are earth-bound, but love to explore. They are a favorite companion to the Gnomes, and Fae. They are to them, what our cats, dogs, and horses are to us humans. They are very much loved, and are common. Sometimes that get lost, abandoned, or mistreated by their trusted friends. Sadly, they also can outlive their friends.
No one has ever asked how old a Drake can live,....and they most likely will never tell.  They can be found in all climates, and terrains, and will be happy to explore any nook and cranny they discover. They are certainly a curious lot. This is what usually  gets them into trouble in the first place! It can be common to find them with broken  horns, tears in their fins, patches of fur, or feathers missing. Sometimes a blind  eye, or even a missing tail-tip. Their curiosity is boundless. Hamish tells me they  are the most exhausting of the rescues, But by far, the most rewarding! :aww:

Yes The first batch of painted Drakes are done! The first two are for a client, and the third, Is a birthday gift! Isn't he cute!

:star:If anyone wishes to reserve one, Please contact me! They are $25 each and I take a $10 deposit before I paint. The balance is due upon completion.



Remember Coffee?


 



















Well, He is still stagnated in this current state. :( I Just cannot figure out how I want to go with this. :iconthinkplz:
Maybe after I finish my 'eggletts' trio I will get back to him. :shrug:

Right now....He is very shiny! :eye::eye:



I hope to also do some more work on my Giant dragon soon too. But, first I really must post more inventory in my e-shops.

That is all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment